Monday 20 April 2015

A Perfectly Chocolate Cake

I fell in love with it the first time I had it.. and every time I have it.. I fall in love all over again. . :P
A snack or a dessert. .I have used this cake in all possible ways to make my family and friends happy.. and is an ultimate Chocoholic's delight when teamed with Ganache or Vanilla ice cream. . :P I would call it a fluffed up Chocolate bar.. :D
Got this recipe from an aunt of mine who makes wonderful cakes.. and I remember her with gratitude each time I bake this, for sharing this beautiful, no fail recipe.



Ingredients
1 cup = 240 ml
For measure in grams refer here

3 cups All purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flavourless oil
1 cup curd/ yogurt (sour)
2 large eggs
1 or 2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup hot water

Preheat the oven to 175 degree C. Prepare a 9x13 inch pan ..greased and lined with baking paper.

                                                   Whisk all the dry ingredients in a bowl.


                                            Whisk all the wet ingredients except hot water in another bowl.


Add the wet in to the dry and beat on slow speed until it is combined. Add the hot water slowly beating the mix as you do so.
Pour into the pan and bake for 60-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Cool a bit and remove from the pan..allow to cool completely on a wire rack.. 


And... always serve it on the next day ... :)






2 comments:

  1. The cake looks great. What would be the measurements of the ingredients in grams? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. :) Pls chk http://cookingwithurheartnsoul.blogspot.com/2012/02/weight-of-common-ingredients-in-gram.html

      Delete