Wednesday 22 February 2012

Falafel

Yesterday, a Sudanese friend of mine gave me this mix...and she told to add salt and pepper to my taste, a pinch of baking powder and deep fry it after making into small flattened balls.... and here is what I got... the famous Middle eastern dish, Falafel.
I haven't eaten Falafel before and on tasting it I thought of likening it to an Arab version of the South Indian Dal Vada. They are very nutritious and can be used as a starter or snack or as a filling in sandwich wrap.  
Anyway.........these deep fried patties were delicious (thanks to her for introducing me to this new dish) and I intend to learn how to make the mix. I know it is made with chick peas, onion, etc... but.. I'll post the recipe after I get it from her.. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment